LNH/Meta: The Unfinished...

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Wed Apr 10 11:40:04 PDT 2013

In article <Rv2dnbySwbTHaPnMnZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d at earthlink.com>,
Arthur Spitzer  <arspitzer at earthlink.net> wrote:
>I was thinking about LNH vII #50 and why it's unfinished and started to
>wonder why some LNH multi-writer collaborations just never ever seem to
>get completed.
>
>I guess it's probably that no one has any ideas on how to finish them or
>perhaps no one has the desire to be the writer that ends it once and for
>all.

     Oh, it's not just LNH.  Superguy has some infamously unfinished
crossovers, and back when ASH was several active writers putting out a few
dozen stories a year...the Capstone crossover slowed output to a mere three
issues for the entire year.  If anyone involved is delayed, everyone is
delayed.  So things only progress when everyone involved is ready to go, as
long as even one writer is too busy or uninspired, you grind to a halt.

     Professional collaborations get past this by the simple existence of
"you turn in your work on time, or we hire someone who will" threats.  But
when everyone's just doing it for fun....

     Dave Van Domelen, still has no inspiration for the latest HCC.