LNH/Meta: The Unfinished...

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:10:22 PDT 2013

On Apr 9, 10:15 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I was thinking about LNH vII #50 and why it's unfinished and started to
> wonder why some LNH multi-writer collaborations just never ever seem to
> get completed.

I suspect some of it has to do with that thing that plagues
all LNH compositions -- Real Life.

I've had a heaping helping of Real Life in the last two
weeks -- some very good, some quite bad, all of it
intense -- that has kept me from posting anything,
let alone writing.

In my opinion, the thing I like best about multi-
writer collaborations also makes them particularly
hard to write.

Namely, the fact that writers can add new
characters and plot complications at any time.
It's a wonderful challenge for a writer... but it
also requires time, patience and research.

I remember during the "Birth of the Villain"
cascade, writers would occasionally follow
up a chapter by introducing an entirely new
set of characters into the story.  They were
interesting characters, to be sure, but to
someone who was already juggling five or
so different plotlines with a huge cast, it
certainly made creating subsequent chapters
more difficult.

Personally, I'd love to contribute more to
LNH #50... but I'm hell-bent on getting
"Beige Countdown #9" out the door...

--Rob Rogers
--Is hell-bent in general, actually