GC: Correspondence From the Goddess #13: Hour Late and a Dollar Short

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Apr 9 19:32:44 PDT 2013

On 4/9/2013 4:50 PM, mrnelson007 at gmail.com wrote:
> Welcome back to another fine edition of Correspondence From the
> Goddess, brought to you by the fine folks at Uncle Powernaut's
> Chocolate-Glazed Hams and Miss Elana's Old-Fashioned Honey Syrup.

At first I was afraid Lydia was cursing the Powernaut with a euphemism
for something.  But the Web says, there *are* recipes for
chocolate-glazed ham *and* no one making money off them - yet.  Thank
you, Goddess!

> Maybe I should apologize for bringing you all back. You might have
> been happier where you were. Was that selfish of me? Hmm. No, I don’t
> think it was. I wasn’t the one who wanted it, Elana was. The thought
> of Elana being selfish at all is so mind-blowing that I think we can
> all collectively rule that one out. So that helps at least. Still, I
> suppose being conscious of it at all is a good sign, right? That’s
> what they usually say. Here’s hoping.

Here's foreshadowing.

> Turning around, I looked over at where she pointed. “Oh, goddammit…”
>
> “Hello again, Lydia.” Doctor Asshole smiled at me, and I felt myself
> dying a little on the inside.

Hmm, I don't quite sense greatness in Doctor Asshole.

I know. - Archie Andrews