LNH: Easily-Discovered Man #54

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 19:37:43 PDT 2012

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 04:15:33 +0000 (UTC), Mitchell Crouch wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:36:41 AM UTC+10, EDMLite wrote:

<snip>
>>      4). The one thing I feel that's been missing from
>>      this series is...
>
> e. The ability to hold me close at night and whisper sweet nothings in my
> ear.

It... it doesn't do that with you?

Oh... <.< >.>

>>      "If that's all you believe you are -- a character in
>> someone else's story -- then that's all you'll ever be,"
>
> That one's totally going as my Facebook status.

<3 <3 <3

>>      "You and Easily-Discovered Man were different,"
>> she said.  "Instead of fighting us, you helped us.  You
>> didn't act like a hero -- you just thought and felt and
>> did things like an ordinary guy.  And that was what made
>> you special."
>
> I think this is true for a lot of the best heroes in fiction, whether
> they're from comedy or drama. It's nice to see Lite get a little
> recognition in-universe.

Indeed! That's probably my favorite part of this. Lite makes a difference.

>>      "You," she continued, "are an ordinary teenage boy.
>> Nothing more, nothing less."
>>
>>      "You probably say that to everyone you catch staring
>> at you during sweater season."
>>
>>      "True," she said.  "But it's important -- literally
>> matter of life and death -- that you understand that's what
>> you are, Hector, and that being just an ordinary guy is
>> all you'll ever need to be.  Because one of these days
>> you're going to find yourself up against something you can't
>> punch, or kick, or joke your way out of.  And when that
>> happens, the super-hero in you is going to freeze.
>>
>>      "But the ordinary guy is going to kick some ass,"
>> she added.  "If you let him."
>
> Did the LNH tumblr need more quotes, because I'd like to volunteer this.
> Go Lite, you good thing!

Agreed. YOINK

> I always love it when a new EDM comes out. It was one of the first series
> I started reading on RACC, and it's nice to see it still going strong.

Double agreed! No offense to anyone, but it's probably the best-written
thing coming out today - easily among the best-written on RACC ever.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, seriously.