LNH: Beige Midnight #11: The Week Before the End

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 20 15:28:18 PDT 2012

On 9/20/12 2:21 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 09/19/2012 12:26 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>
>> The Four Color Kid wanted to laugh.  To mock the Ultimate Ninja's
>> message.  But he looked into the Ultimate Ninja's eyes -- and he
>> couldn't laugh.  Because looking into the Ninja's eyes, he believed in
>> this place.  This horrible place where the Ninja's Anger existed.  And
>> he knew he didn't want to go to that place.  "I'll take your message."
>
> Nice moment.

Thanks...

>> "oh, umm -- well," said Munchkin Man as he took off the amulet he was
>> wearing.  "it's called an Amulet of
>> Don't-Have-to-be-in-Beige-Midnight-Anymore (+6753).  bye!"  And Munchkin
>> Man disappeared completely after he put it on.
>>
>> Kid Recap sighed.
>
> I don't follow the D&D weapons ranking system, but I think I get it.
> Another nice moment.

About the only D&D I play now days is Angband.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angband_(video_game)

So my take on Munchkin Man is based on that and
my highschool memories of playing Avatar back in
the 90s...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(video_game)

(playing on the novanet system, which is also
how I discovered alt.comics.lnh)

>> "Wait.  Is this the plan?  For real?" said Sarcastic Lad with disbelief
>> in his eyes.  "This is the plan?  We get to die?  We all get to die?
>> We're basically the first roadblock to a massive Bryttles Brothers
>> alternate LNH Looniverse killing spree?  And we're hoping that by the
>> time they get to the Looniverse that has all of the innocent bystanders
>> -- that Innocent Bystanderverse has already died of natural causes?"
>
> And it actually sounds like a plan using comic book logic, too!

>> Tomorrow: Part II of Issue Eleven!
>
> Now that I'm writing a massive end-of-the-world story, I might be
> getting more into massive end-of-the-world stories.  The recaps helped,
> though.  I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Arthur "But will there still be a world after issue 12?" Spitzer