SW10: Powernaut 2011 #4: Ellipses! Now They Die!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Sep 16 17:44:39 PDT 2012

I've recovered from a web site outage.  I'll still publicize to most of
the world on Mondays, but New Improved Eilertech.Com now has Latest
Powernaut this Sunday.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011.htm#4

For the record, the associate-Ellipses in this series are American,
South Asian, and Chinese. I mention this here because subtle differences
in skin tone are not important inside a Powernaut comic.

Commentary from Wyatt...

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .
Last time, I mentioned people who get powers from magic. This time, it's
powers from science in a big way. That is to say, Ellipses.

The original Ellipsis was (and is) a mutant supergenius. Twenty years
ago, while he was still in college, he invented a portable energy field
called the Ellipsis Field. Unfortunately the field tended to drive
people crazy, including himself at times. Just this year, he got that
fixed and went open-source with the tech. Now there's a small swarm of
engineers flying around with the equivalent power of nuclear bombs.
(2011/useless.txt)

Does that make you nervous at all? The U.S. Government isn't terribly
happy about it. And evil mages hate all that science in the air.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.