SW10: Powernaut 2011 #1 and #2: Waiting for the Boot!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Sep 8 17:51:04 PDT 2012

On 9/2/2012 8:03 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> I've avoided announcing my new storyline on Facebook while people are on
> holiday.  But this is a *double*-productive weekend for me.  Bonus episode!
>
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011.htm
>
> The page comes with commentary from Wyatt Ferguson, because it is the
> follow-up story to Earth 2011 Endgame.  I've reproduced the commentary
> below.

I've put in commentary for the second strip today.  It referred to some
Powernaut backstory, on which Wyatt was oddly silent until now.

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

The historical record is kind of loose, but there have been Powernauts
around since at least 1968.  (ref: 2005/powernaut.htm)  Their common
theme is power; they're as powerful as they need to be.  That could come
in handy right now.

The current Powernaut surfaced in 2005, at the time of Hurricane
Katrina.  (ref: 2005/powerpatrol1.htm, Power Patrol)  I met him, of
course; I meet almost everyone.  For a while, he and I were the only
superhumans on Earth.  He's been in the public eye a few times since then.

This year, Vice-President Corrigan assembled a team to try to move the
Earth - literally.  On that team, the Powernaut had to go fight the
Council of Ordered Realities.  (ref: 2011/discontent3.txt, The Summer of
Discontent)  The Mighty Tim speaks highly of him.  So Crusher Joe would
like to have him on the team again.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.