SW10/META: Theme Music

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Sep 8 11:42:24 PDT 2012

I'm a bit behind on publishing my weekly Powernaut comic, due to the
double episode last weekend.  And I see no reason to rush it.  I think
if I start publishing on Mondays instead of Saturdays, I'll reach a
slightly different audience.

So today I'm coming up with theme music for my characters.  I've known
which song goes with which character for years now - aside from the
Powernaut who's new to fame, and I've finally figured him out.  Now,
thanks to a recent MP3 file shopping spree, I know how to give links to
sound clips.

*  Ellipsis:  Please Don't Touch, by Steve Hackett.
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/media/sample.m3u/ref=sr_smpl_1?ASIN=B000TE3FDG&catalogItemType=track&qid=1347129033)
  I envision this song as the opening music for the Ellipsis weekly
animated show.

*  Wyatt Ferguson:  Shadow Warrior, by Blue Oyster Cult.
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/media/sample.m3u/ref=sr_smpl_0?ASIN=B005E63S3G&catalogItemType=track&qid=1347128998)
  This is my own theme music too.  Go figure.

*  The Powernaut:  the old campfire song Three Jolly Fishermen.  (The
one that goes, "They all went down to Amsterdam; Amster Amster Dam Dam
Damn!"
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/media/sample.m3u/ref=dm_sp_smpl?ASIN=B0052Q3TZU&catalogItemType=track&qid=1347128397)
  This also belongs in front of an animated cartoon show, albeit with a
different target audience than Ellipsis.  Naturally I've changed the
lyrics a bit...

It's time for fun with Powernaut!
We'll all have fun with Powernaut!
Power Power Naut Naut Naut!
Power Power Naut Naut Naut!
The mighty mighty Powernaut!

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.