LNH/HCC: LNH Comics Presents #510.5: One Day Later, featuring Ultimate Mercenary (HCC 32)

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:24:58 PDT 2012

LNH Comics Presents #510.5:
"One Day Later"
Written by and copyright 2012 Adrian J. McClure
Ultimate Mercenary created by Tom Russell
Part of High Concept Challenge #32

Ultimate Mercenary slipped the bedsheet with two eyeholes cut in it over his head. He still wasn't sure of the whole point of Halloween, and he felt like dressing up was redundant. What could be scarier than a ninja? But Manga Girl talked him into it somehow. He'd been completely exhausted after the fight with those Revampires on All Hallow's Eve Eve, and she'd told him he needed to do something for fun. He'd heard legends of the whole concept of "trick-or-treating"  but he'd never had a chance to experience it himself. Now, after a long sleep, he was ready.

He walked into the cafeteria, wondering what costumes the rest of the team would be wearing. "Jinkies!" said Coward Lad. "It's a g-g-g-ghost!"

"Ghost? Where?" said Doctor Stomper, who quickly retrieved his electric pentacle. The rest of the LNH burst into the cafeteria, weapons at the ready.

"Um... I'm not a ghost," said Ultimate Mercenary. He doffed his sheet. "I'm just dressed up for Halloween."

"Halloween?" said Doctor Stomper. "It's November 1st."

"...Oh." He dropped the sheet on the floor, then marched off as if nothing had happened.

****

Yeah, I know that's not much of a story. I've got a lot on my plate right now. Maybe Andrew will finish the RACCies before I get one of my current stories done. Or Hell will freeze over, whichever comes first.