SW10: Powernaut 2011 (#10 and) #11: Next We Find Our Weakness!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Oct 24 18:46:32 PDT 2012

On 10/22/2012 2:30 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:35:20 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> Textically, I've written Leo's history for the first time ever. Along
>> with that comes the history of Superhuman World 1992-1999. I'd touched
>> upon that history in my 1999 stories. Behold a portion of its awesome
>> detail! Leo's part of that history is intended to look like the parts of
>> Spider-Man's history that people conveniently forget about.
>
> Interesting.
>
> Powernaut's main power seems to be not giving a fuck. Or, to put it
> another way, he has the ability to gratuitously defy the narrative.
> Fractal time is part of this, defying a normal continuity of events.

Another part of is is, multiple Powernauts.  This one's only been around
since 2005.  No one's quite sure of his relationship to other
Powernauts, who are themselves poorly documented in the normal
continuity.  But you may learn more about them soon, even sooner than
you think.

>> Leo is publicly known as Mark Simon. He is a superhuman with cat-like
>> powers - and now vampire powers too.
>
> I think that sound was you getting James Mason's attention.

Did it sound like Ka-Itty-Shwing?  If so, I heard it too.  8{D>

>> 2005: Leo was plagued by a vampire queen. To avoid vampires, he sold his
>> marriage to the Devil - and then signed on with the British Army in
>> Iraq! I worked with him there - and so did the Powernaut!
>> (2005/occulator.htm#army)
>
> What

... Long story, and I've never told most of the Leo parts.  Mostly I
just made Leo a target for the same kind of weirdness Spider-Man gets in
the Marvel Universe.

>> ... Phew. I think the Powernaut would not stay awake if someone recited
>> this history to him. But I love this stuff. In 2009 I said, based on
>> sheer weirdness, the world needed to watch Leo. I was right.
>
> It's pretty great. XD

It is often my custom to install a random guest star in my stories.
Doctor Lithium got in because of a plot challenge at the last moment.
Before that I rolled dice to find a guest star for Leo's slot.  I think
I could have made the dice's choice work.  But, never mind.  Leo the
Pirate Vampire King is one of my storyline's senior characters, and much
more fun than everyone else I could think of.

I know. - Archie Andrews