SW10: Powernaut 2011 (#10 and) #11: Next We Find Our Weakness!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:30:00 PDT 2012

On Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:35:20 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:

> Artistically, you may have noticed the characters morphing as they march
> through Magic Land. I've gotten some favorable comment on some of the
> artwork: less sketchy, more stylized. I think any changes which come out
> of Magic Land are for keeps. So we're defining the look of Powernaut
> 2012 here. Assuming the world doesn't end so there *can* be a Powernaut
> 2012, that is.

Hm, neat!

> Textically, I've written Leo's history for the first time ever. Along
> with that comes the history of Superhuman World 1992-1999. I'd touched
> upon that history in my 1999 stories. Behold a portion of its awesome
> detail! Leo's part of that history is intended to look like the parts of
> Spider-Man's history that people conveniently forget about.

Interesting.

Powernaut's main power seems to be not giving a fuck. Or, to put it another way, he has the ability to gratuitously defy the narrative. Fractal time is part of this, defying a normal continuity of events.

> Leo is publicly known as Mark Simon. He is a superhuman with cat-like
> powers - and now vampire powers too.

I think that sound was you getting James Mason's attention.

> While on Total Conversion, Leo briefly got a place on the New
> York Yankees roster. The one game in which he played, led to a
> prohibition on superhumans in major league sports.

Aha! Now they have to define "superhuman". Or, well, had to.

> 2005: Leo was plagued by a vampire queen. To avoid vampires, he sold his
> marriage to the Devil - and then signed on with the British Army in
> Iraq! I worked with him there - and so did the Powernaut!
> (2005/occulator.htm#army)

What

> Eventually he tired, time-travelled back to 2005, married Rose the
> Vampire Queen, and became Leo the Vampire King!

OF COURSE!

> Leo and Rose then
> accepted sponsorship from a mysterious superhuman known as Eric X, and
> moved to the island realm of Tuvalu. There Leo would command pirates as
> Leo the Pirate Vampire King! (2008/assessment.htm#undersea)

OF COURSE!!!

> ... Phew. I think the Powernaut would not stay awake if someone recited
> this history to him. But I love this stuff. In 2009 I said, based on
> sheer weirdness, the world needed to watch Leo. I was right.

It's pretty great. XD

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, what a weirdo