SW10: Powernaut 2011 (#10 and) #11: Next We Find Our Weakness!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Oct 21 17:35:19 PDT 2012

It looks like I made my double-episode weekend schedule last Monday
without telling RACC!
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011b.htm#10 has that.  If
you perhaps saw that already 'cause I nagged you on Facebook or Tumblr,
you can go straight to
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/2011b.htm#11 !

Artistically, you may have noticed the characters morphing as they march
through Magic Land. I've gotten some favorable comment on some of the
artwork: less sketchy, more stylized. I think any changes which come out
of Magic Land are for keeps. So we're defining the look of Powernaut
2012 here. Assuming the world doesn't end so there *can* be a Powernaut
2012, that is.

Textically, I've written Leo's history for the first time ever. Along
with that comes the history of Superhuman World 1992-1999. I'd touched
upon that history in my 1999 stories. Behold a portion of its awesome
detail! Leo's part of that history is intended to look like the parts of
Spider-Man's history that people conveniently forget about.

Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson...

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

Leo is publicly known as Mark Simon. He is a superhuman with cat-like
powers - and now vampire powers too. And he has about as much history as
I have. Aww, shit.

1990: Mark Simon was experimented upon by the CoopTech corporation. He
fought his way free with his new cat-like powers. Yada yada.

1991: Mark found patrons: Stephen and Julie Wolcott. He became one of
Julie's bodyguards, and took the name Leo. He thereby got drawn into the
Total Conversion battle squad which Julie operated for her husband
Stephen Wolcott (Ellipsis). There he met Doctor Lithium and Crusher Joe
Corrigan. While on Total Conversion, Leo briefly got a place on the New
York Yankees roster. The one game in which he played, led to a
prohibition on superhumans in major league sports. Leo then left Total
Conversion to work as a trainer for the Yankees.

1997-1998: Leo was re-recruited to Total Conversion as they fought
against the Last Army. Crusher Joe and Doctor Lithium were there also,
as was Vara Hosea under the name Bokor. Total Conversion eventually
dissolved when its leaders Stephen and Julie Wolcott were captured.

1999: Stephen and Julie Wolcott reappeared. (asabove.htm) Shortly
thereafter, the Earth suffered a reboot-level crisis. (me1999.htm#hung)
After the crisis, Leo stayed in seclusion. Rumors say, he was mutated
during battles with the Last Army and had nine tails.

2003: Leo, now cured, briefly reunited with Stephen and Julie Wolcott
for a celebrity baseball game. (november.htm) In the wake of that game,
he married a supermodel.

2005: Leo was plagued by a vampire queen. To avoid vampires, he sold his
marriage to the Devil - and then signed on with the British Army in
Iraq! I worked with him there - and so did the Powernaut!
(2005/occulator.htm#army)

2007: Leo took refuge from the world, alongside Crusher Joe on Crusher
Island in Washington state. (2007/crusher.htm) Unfortunately, Crusher
Island was then attacked by Lunar allies of the Russians.
(2007/secretwings.htm#hung)

2008: Crusher Joe was drawn back into alliance with U.S. superhumans.
Leo defected from him, and went on missions with militias against the
U.S. Government. (2008/commentQ1.htm#oakland) Meanwhile Leo came under
continuous harassment by invisible aliens known as Zarkonites.
Eventually he tired, time-travelled back to 2005, married Rose the
Vampire Queen, and became Leo the Vampire King! Leo and Rose then
accepted sponsorship from a mysterious superhuman known as Eric X, and
moved to the island realm of Tuvalu. There Leo would command pirates as
Leo the Pirate Vampire King! (2008/assessment.htm#undersea)

2009: Leo, now Captain Mark Simon of the Tuvalu Defense Force, worked
with U.S. Vice-President "Crusher" Joe Corrigan to negotiate a mutual
assistance treaty. He also hired a mercenary to deal with his original
experimenters, who were selling meat made from his clones.
(2009/journal.htm#leo)

... Phew. I think the Powernaut would not stay awake if someone recited
this history to him. But I love this stuff. In 2009 I said, based on
sheer weirdness, the world needed to watch Leo. I was right.

I know. - Archie Andrews