SW10: Powernaut 2011 #9: Powernaut and Leo in Magic Land!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Oct 13 11:16:15 PDT 2012

Powernaut 2011 Part 2 is underway.  And it's on track for another
double-episode weekend.

http://www.eilertech.com//stories/powernaut/2011b.htm

Bonus commentary from Wyatt Ferguson:

All the links here can be found under http://www.eilertech.com/stories/ .

This strip's "Magic Land" is better known to some as the Dreamtime. The
Dreamtime is Australian legend, but Westerners often recognize it as
their own common land of dreams. In England it was called Faerie. Or at
least part of it was.

It's worth mentioning the times humans went exploring in Magic Land.
None of those were especially pleasant for humans.

-  In 2005, every superhuman except me and the Powernaut was dragged
through there. Leo was there, though he hadn't become a Pirate Vampire
King yet. Since Leo was willing to volunteer for the current mission, he
became an expert. (2005/journal_melon.htm)

-  In 2006, Ellipsis actually took over there. Ellipsis likes to take
over things. But he had help, to save a friend. I even helped.
(2006/dreamtime.htm#evildied)

-  In 2008, a coalition of superhumans explored there. Of course, they
got dragged into a war, in which Ellipsis got kicked out of there. It
was kind of like invading Asia. (2008/fantasywar.htm#prelude)

-  Just this year (I think it was just yesterday), I made it across the
Dreamtime to fight mages. Doctor Lithium got himself together after
seven years stranded there, and made it out with me. (2011/endgame2.txt)

People's self-images are mutable in the Dreamtime. Evil mages look as
much like wizards as they can. I suspect people who go there with the
Powernaut will look like Saturday morning cartoons. I wonder what a
four-dimensional Pentahedron will look like, now that the Powernaut has
carried one there...?

I know. - Archie Andrews