MISC: Legend of the Dark Wizard #1

James Mason mason.james.jamesmason at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:16:03 PDT 2012

It was going to be one of those nights, beat cop Melissa Jones thought.

The robbers had two hostages, and while it seemed like they didn't want
to kill them, she knew how fast a situation like this could escalate.
It didn't help matters when a guy claiming to be a wizard showed up.

"Your weapons won't do you any good, so you should just put them down
now. Just let the arrest happen before you embarrass yourselves," the
"wizard" said.

"Just because you can put on a mask and a cape you think you're a
wizard? I've seen better wizards try to sell me cleaning products!" one
of the robbers yelled.

"Oh, you don't think I'm a fucking wizard, do you? Try telling that to
my face!" The wizard said as he threw back his hood and tossed off his
mask, revealing that he his face WASN'T HUMAN! ...it was *almost* human.
But with black fur covering it!  And the ears of a cat!

(And creepy midnight-blue eyes. Seriously, what's with that?)

Of course the robbers panicked and tried shooting at him, because how
can you argue with a face like that? However, their guns exploded!

"Like I said, your guns won't work on me because I have sabotaged them
with my magic. See, this is why you don't disbelieve wizards! Stuff
will explode!" he gloated as the police moved in. Melissa noticed that,
while the guns did explode, none of the bullets or shrapnel went very
far; the robbers, while they did get some minor cuts and bruises, were
more shocked than hurt.

"Glad that you didn't do anything else, like threaten a hostage or
something, because you guys could have been very dead by now. So!" He
turned to the police. "On to new orders of business. Can I stay at one
of your guys' place?"

Melissa sighed. "Definitely one of those nights."

                        Legend of the Dark Wizard
            Written by James Mason, Edited by Andrew Perron
                                  ****
                           Chapter 1: Meeting.

"So why is a wizard helping non-wizards?" asked the commissioner. The
wizard was sitting across from him, in a chair in the interrogation
room.

"Why shouldn't a wizard help a non-wizard?" said the wizard.

"I thought it was a rule for wizards to not get involved," Melissa
said.

"Wizard have lots of rules. 99% of them are dumb," he said. "They even
have rules for getting attacked and how to fight in a life-or-death
situation. Who does that?"

"Well, glad to see a wizard finally making themselves useful," the
commissioner said. The wizard rolled his eyes and flicked his finger,
giving the commissioner an electric zap! "Ow! What the hell?"

"Don't worry," the wizard smirked. "Unless you have a super weak heart
or something, it's at such a low charge that it couldn't possibly hurt
you long-term. Now that you're done being an ass, is there anything
else you want to ask me?"

Before the commissioner could get angry (too late!), Melissa asked,
"What is your name?"

"...I am... Jinx." said Jinx.

"Last name?"

"...Zeal."

"What kind of name is that?"  Did you just use the first two words that
popped into your head?"

"Okay, then tell me yours."

"Officer Melissa Jones."

"Yours ain't half bad."

"Oh... well, thanks, I gue--"

"IF YOU TWO ARE DONE FLIRTING, CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON?" the Commissioner
shouted.

"Sorry," Jinx said as he zapped the Commissioner.

"AND STOP DOING THAT!" roared the Commissioner.

"Hmmmm... okay," complied Jinx.

"Now, what is your real name?"

"Not telling."

"Why?"

"Reasons."

"...Fine. Just... fine."

Melissa Interjected once again. "A lot of people probably wouldn't
trust a wizard--"

"I can understand that." Jinx interrupted.

"--to not use their powers willy nilly and take over the population or
something like that."

"Okay, tell you what. If I become a hazard to everyone, you can lock me
up. Though I want you to do it," he said, pointing to Melissa. "I think
I made too bad of a first impression on your boss."

The Commissioner just glared.

"Welp, think that's a good enough sign for me to go! Oh, wait, I still
don't have a place to go."

"I don't think the commi--" Melissa was once again interrupted.

"Ohhhh no! *You* aren't going anywhere!" the Comissioner said. "Lock
him up!"

"You do realize that 'wizard' means I could easily escape any jail you
try to confine me in, right?" pointed out Jinx.

"Okay, fine then," the Commissioner attempted to say calmly. (He was
barely able to.) "What if we kept a close eye on you?"

"How close an eye?" asked Jinx. "Because if you're too restrictive, I
might just decide to leave anyway."

"All right! Fine! Sure! Jones! Since you're so willing to defend him,
*you* take care of him!"

"Wait, what!?" Melissa said. "Don't shove him on me!"

"Yeah, man, I don't want to intrude on anyone!" Jinx said

"Too bad! Smartass here said he wanted to have *you* arrest him, so
*you* have to watch him!" At this point, there was no arguing with The
Commissioner.

"Look, I don't mean to intrude-" Jinx said apologetically.

Melissa sighed. "No, it's fine. You need somewhere to sleep and I have
an extra room."

"...Well anyway I think it's time for us to go." Jinx said nervously.
You don't need him to tell you that the tension in the air thick enough
to cut with a knife!

Melissa sighed. This was going to be a long night.

====

SO a few days ago I made a comment about dark wizards. After that I
watched some movies and then I got the idea to make another series.
Well less an idea more of a compulsion.