LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #52 HCC32

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 11:18:05 PST 2012

On Friday, November 16, 2012 10:51:11 PM UTC-5, Ted Brock wrote:
> On Nov 16, 1:18 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:43:07 +0000 (UTC), Ted Brock wrote:
>
> > > Isn't Fairy Princess Lad one of those hundreds of throwaway, never
> > > explained why they were in the LNH to begin with, one joke characters
> > > introduced by Tom Russell and/or Jesse Willey about a decade ago?
> >
> > No, no, I pretty much made him up out of whole cloth.
>
> Oh, okay. My bad.  He just reminded me of an obscure throwaway
> character from ten years ago is all.

That's okay, he does sound like that kind of character. XD

(Also: It'd be more like fifteen years ago at this point. Ooooooooold)

> > > (Does this make Tom Russell RACC's version of Rob Leifeld?)
> >
> > YOU TAKE THAT BACK
>
> Hey, Leifeld gave us some winners, such as Dawn Granger/Dove,
> Deadpool, Cable, original X-Force, and a few others, many of which
> prospered when other writers took the characters and developed their
> hidden potential.  Tom gave us Nudist Man, among others, and look at
> his current portrayals (as opposed to his original appearances). And
> anyway, Tom's writing has matured greatly; Leifeld's ... hasn't. So in
> my above comment, I was referring to Young!Tom, not current!Tom.

Ah, okay. I mean, even Manga Girl-era Tom had way more grasp of narrative than Liefeld, but I can see what you're getting at.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, doooooom