LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #52 HCC32

Ted Brock tbrock1031 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:51:11 PST 2012

On Nov 16, 1:18 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 03:43:07 +0000 (UTC), Ted Brock wrote:
> > Isn't Fairy Princess Lad one of those hundreds of throwaway, never
> > explained why they were in the LNH to begin with, one joke characters
> > introduced by Tom Russell and/or Jesse Willey about a decade ago?
> > That someone remembered the character exists and decided to do
> > something with him says that someone thought the character had
> > untapped potential.
>
> No, no, I pretty much made him up out of whole cloth.

Oh, okay. My bad.  He just reminded me of an obscure throwaway
character from ten years ago is all.

> > (Does this make Tom Russell RACC's version of Rob Leifeld?)
>
> YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Hey, Leifeld gave us some winners, such as Dawn Granger/Dove,
Deadpool, Cable, original X-Force, and a few others, many of which
prospered when other writers took the characters and developed their
hidden potential.  Tom gave us Nudist Man, among others, and look at
his current portrayals (as opposed to his original appearances). And
anyway, Tom's writing has matured greatly; Leifeld's ... hasn't. So in
my above comment, I was referring to Young!Tom, not current!Tom.