LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #52 HCC32

Ted Brock tbrock1031 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:43:07 PST 2012

On Nov 15, 6:15 pm, Mitchell Crouch <msc... at uowmail.edu.au> wrote:
> On Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:15:27 PM UTC+11, Martin Phipps wrote:
> > Okay, fair question: why do people on this group hate gays?  I wrote
> > what I considered to be a touching story about homosexuals joining the
> > LNH and not only did you guys collectively pan the story apparently
> > for no other reason than your hatred of homosexuals but you've now
> > gone on to create a character who is a blatant parody of homosexuals
> > and then use him in stories.  This is just too much.
>
> Just drop it, Martin. You're obviously trolling, and no one's going to bite.
>
> > Martin
>
> Mitchell.

Isn't Fairy Princess Lad one of those hundreds of throwaway, never
explained why they were in the LNH to begin with, one joke characters
introduced by Tom Russell and/or Jesse Willey about a decade ago?
That someone remembered the character exists and decided to do
something with him says that someone thought the character had
untapped potential.  (Does this make Tom Russell RACC's version of Rob
Leifeld?)

I don't really find Fairy Princess Lad to be a "blatant parody of a
homosexual".  He's a blatant parody of guys who love "feminine" stuff,
but that doesn't necessarily mean he's "homosexual".  If anything,
he's a blatant parody of a metrosexual.  (I like to think that he's
bi, but nothing's been proven either way.)