HCC: HCC33 - a multiple choice HCC

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:37:06 PST 2012

[HCC] HCC33: The Nam Rogers Multiple Choice High Concept Challenge

[mischeivous gleam in eyes]

In LNHv2 #52 there was the throwaway line "What does he write?
Science fiction? Romance? Neo-Edwardian comedies of manners?"

People were intrigued by this, and in the discussion thread I
recounted how during RACC-Con Rob Rogers asked what story
genres hadn't been used in the LNH, and how I suggested
apocalyptic Christian raptures [technically true for the LNH,
although Scott has noted that he's written such a genre
outside of the LNH], and Rob's wife Nam had suggested Edwardian
comedies of manners.
At least two people have insisted that I must write in the
style of these genres. Fine.
But if so *I'M TAKING THE REST OF YOU WITH ME*.

For High Concept Challenge #33 - the Nam Rogers Multiple Choice
High Concept Challenge - you may write either:
* A (neo) Edwardian comedies of manners

or
* an apocalyptic Christian rapture

or

* a combination of both.

For my part, this smells like the 'When the Earth becomes
infested with hardwired aliens, one Earthling and his/her
chocolate respond by swimming' mashup that we had for HCC6,
so I think I'll be combining both, just because. I may even
do a science fiction romance neo-Edwardian comedy of manners
involving the apocalypse. Or maybe that'll just be biting
off more than I can chew. I've done that many times before
as well.

---
Saxon Brenton
Just finished reading: _Compete Idiots Guide To The
Paranormal_, Nathan Robert Brown
About to start reading: _Deadly Doses: A Writers Guide To
Poisons_, Serita Stevens & Anne Klarner