LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #52 HCC32

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 4 15:04:26 PST 2012

On 10/31/12 4:47 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:>
 > [LNH/HCC] Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #52  HCC32
 >

 >                      @%%%%%%%%%%@
 >
 >       A teenaged boy in a gaudy costume entered the foyer of the Legion
 > of Net.Heroes headquarters.  He glanced around, but quickly spotted the
 > reception desk and approached it.
 >       "Hi.  I'm here to join the Legion," he said.
 >       Fred nodded and passed over the application paperwork.  As the
 > newcomer took out a pacer pencil to fill in the forms, the receptionist
 > asked, "What code name do you go by?"
 >       "No!-It-Can't-Be-Saxon-Brenton!-He's-Dead! Lad."
 >       And in response Fred thought .oO( That's going to cause trouble. )
 >
 >                      @%%%%%%%%%%@

Well, sorry I told that lie to the Very Disturbed Scary Creature Man,
Saxon, about you killing the Gothic Gorilla.  I didn't think he'd take
it that far... :)

 >       "Plus," said N!ICBSB!HD!Lad, raising a finger to stave off further
 > protests.  "The cheque hasn't been cashed."
 >       "What cheque?" asked Cynical lass.
 >       "During RACC-Con Arthur Spitzer stayed in the same hotel room with
 > Saxon Brenton," explain N!ICBSB!HD!Lad.  "When Arthur went home he wrote
 > a cheque to cover the cost of the days he was sharing.  That cheque
 > still hasn't been cashed.  That's not what you'd expect from someone who
 > has to cover costs from an overseas vacation."
 >       Masterplan Lad had been listening carefully to this, and now he
 > identified what had been troubling him.  "No," he said.  "That is
 > factually incorrect.  On the evening Arthur arrived at the Benicia Best
 > Western Saxon hadn't made proper preparations with the front desk for
 > him to check in while the others were at the barbeque at Rob Roger's
 > household, and Arthur had had to book into another room for one night
 > - a room booking that was only covered by Scott Eiler's blanket offer to
 > subsidise RACC-Con attendees.  The cheque has gone uncashed not because
 > of inability, but because of a sense of guilt!"

Well, okay, Saxon... I won't force you to cash that check... so feel
free to tear it up.  I won't feel any guilt for having extra money in my
checking account.  :)

But you should tell me that you absolutely have no plans to ever cash
that check so I can fix my checking book.

Arthur "Fourth Wallowing..." Spitzer