SW10/REPOST: Leo is a Father! (The Vampire Madonna)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 2 17:29:15 PDT 2012

Author's Note:  I forgot all about this story until I did a Google
search on "leo the pirate vampire king"!  The whole thing is at
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2009/vojvodina.htm .  Here's the
relevant part.

WORLD JOURNAL MONTHLY

July 25, 2009

A Vampire Queen Gives Birth!
THE VAMPIRE MADONNA

---

Sidebar:  Vampires "reproduce" by "adopting" humans. Vampire lore
doesn't mention sexual reproduction.

---

The vampire Khrisa Stalker was in a hotel room on Key West to meet a
journalist. But she nearly met the True Death instead.

---

The entire vampire race was celebrating. For the first time ever, a
vampire would give birth! The Vampire Rose was pregnant by Leo the
Pirate Vampire King of the Pacific island nation of Tuvalu. (See Related
Story)

The vampire queen's superhuman consort had superhuman healing powers. So
did his sperm. So he'd given her the human power of reproduction! Her
birth date was near. All vampires everywhere would go there in person to
see it if they could. Khrisa would escort a human witness to the ceremony.

Khrisa had a gift for her queen: monomolecular floss. This thin and
deadly string would be used to defend both vampires and humans on
Tuvalu. She had it safely coiled in a corner of her room.

Khrisa opened the door for her journalist. He lunged at her with a
wooden stake. He meant to kill her!

Khrisa's enhanced senses told her, this was no journalist. He was a
superhuman mercenary! He was silent as he attacked. The vampire knew the
superhuman meant to destroy her - and probably her queen and her whole
race. And he was fast enough to tag her with the spike. Khrisa knew,
that was probably the end.

---

Khrisa Stalker came to consciousness in the same hotel room. The
mercenary wasn't there, but a giant koala was! And the walls were
covered with red gore.

As a vampire, Khrisa knew about the Doom Creatures. There was one for
every continent. The Doom Creature for Australia was a giant koala,
known for speed! This left Khrisa with questions. But the Koala spoke
first, in English. He was Australian, after all... "That's the Hard
Falcon on the walls. I borrowed your floss to handle him."

Sniff, sniff, and to Khrisa's surprise... "He smells like he's still
alive!"

"Yah. Got way too much healing factor, so he'll get better. But you'll
be gone by then."

"I still have to wait for someone..."

"I saw some reporter running away. He should come back after I stop
scaring him off."

"No, I was waiting for a U.S. envoy... But why are you here? This isn't
doom, and this isn't Australia!"

"You're going near Australia now, yah? I watch for doom, and you're the
best place to look."

---

So Khrisa's mission was still on. The vampires would have their human
witness for the ceremony. And through that witness, the world would know
that vampires loved their children too.

---

Author's Note:  Superhuman fathers are a rarity.  But I'm confident that
Leo would sign up for a mission to Magic Land with the Powernaut in
2011, even with a two-year-old child at home.  He'd just make sure it's
not a suicide mission.  And I usually can't say "suicide mission" and
"Powernaut" in the same sentence.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews