LNH/HCC: Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #52 HCC32

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:21:08 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 18:00:22 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Andrew Perron replied:
>> Saxon, you should totally write a neo-Edwardian comedy of manners.
>
> True story: During RACC-Con we spent one afternoon at the Museum
> of Cartoon Art in San Francisco (where we all did pictures of
> Spider-Man to get in at half price).  On the way home on the
> ferry we had a general discussion about the LNH and RACC, and
> Rob (IIRC) asked the question: 'What genres haven't been used
> in a LNH story?'.  I needed only about two seconds before
> answering 'apocalyptic Christian rapture'.  Rob's wife Nam was
> right behind me in suggesting 'Edwardian comedies of manners.'
>
> So now you know where the neo-Edwardian comedy of manners comes
> from.

Yessssssssssss. Now you must do BOTH.

> also:
>>> At which point Anal-Retentive Archive Kid burst into angry
>>> tears.
> [...]
>> Don't worry, they're not anime waterfall tears.
>
> ... I've had a suspicion that ARAK could if he wanted to, but
> he refrains from doing anime eyes in any form because it
> seriously freaks people out...   OTOH, being able to pull that
> particular trick argues against him being unware of being
> fiction until now.

Nah, see, all orcs can due that. It's a survival mechanism based on
freaking out animals.

> And just in case anybody missed it, this was me once again taking
> a character that I'm presuming was a one-shot throwaway character
> (tell me if I'm wrong about Fairy Princess Lad in that regard)
> and giving them some development.  I just can't help myself!!!
> Aarghhh!!!

Heeheehee. Well, I didn't have any specfic plans, but I was hoping someone
would pick up that ball. <3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, doesn't think he's capable of making a
throwaway character.