SW10: The Powernaut Greeting Card!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun May 27 18:06:58 PDT 2012

I suppose I could take the extra time of a holiday weekend to work on
more comic strips.  But that usually results in a bonus strip and
doesn't decrease my workload at all.  So...

Earlier this month, I got the standard sort of superhero birthday card.
  It had Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Spider-Man on the cover.
I figured out the artists immediately:  Tuska, Kirby, Kirby, Romita.  My
relatives know exactly what kind of card I like, but the greeting card
industry could perhaps produce a more coherent greeting card.

... heh.  Thoughts like that were how I started the Powernaut comic
strip in the first place.  And so, I have produced artwork for a
Powernaut greeting card - with five different Powernauts!
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/card.png

I still need to work on the card itself.  That will be a document with
images in the right place, easily printed.  Extra work for me.  But in
my time zone, the night is young.

My favorite UPS Store will print the card on card stock for me, for
about $0.80 USD.  I'm not sure they can do that double-sided, but that's
just more room for me to write on the inside.  I've already had them
print out Powernaut business cards - which are actually useful.
http://www.eilertech.com/work/bizcards/powernaut.doc ... Why yes, I'm
giving away my online cards, because that's what business cards are for.
  If I'm really cunning, I will figure out a way to *sell* the Powernaut
greeting card.  But more likely I'll just give it out as a bonus to
fans.  Hi, fans!

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.