LNH20: The Cat Lady #4 (of 4)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun May 20 12:35:55 PDT 2012

Blaaaaaaah.  Okay gotta catch up on responding to stuff.

On Fri, 4 May 2012 16:20:14 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

>   “It’s okay”, Mikey said.  “This breed of dog is no bigger than a
> cat, maybe even a bit smaller.  The cats will probably just accept him
> as one of their own.”

Somehow, I don't think this small boy is a qualified animal behaviorist!

(...behavioralist? I dunno.)

> Soon Fido found himself in the
> middle of the room surrounded by cats on all sides staring at him.  He
> felt somewhat intimidated and reacted by urinating on the floor.
>   Now this was exactly what Fido should NOT have done: male cats and
> dogs mark their territory by urinating; they want to ensure that it’s
> their odor that other cats and dogs can smell and here was this
> strange newcomer urinating in the middle of their living room!

This sequence, especially, feels like a kids' book, with its explicatory,
educational tone.

>   “I’m sorry,” she said.  “I’m afraid I can’t take this dog after
> all.  The cats are all angry with him.”
>   “I see,” Mikey’s mother said as she took the dog from her..  “Well,
> I’m not surprised, really,” she said.  “Cats and dogs don’t usually
> get along.”

Ya see, Mikey? >:/

>   Mikey’s father nodded.  “Alright,” he said, “but as soon as I have
> time I am going to get the males fixed.”
>   “Fixed?” the Cat Lady asked.
>   “Yes, fixed,” Mikey’s mother said.  “Aren’t your cats fixed?”
>   “What does that mean?”
>   “I assume it means that they are going to have their penises
> removed,” Mikey’s father said.

Meep. I think it's just more like going in and taking out a couple of
inside connections. o.o;

>   Anyway, I think I'm going to stop these at four because I don't see
> how I can write stories about cats every week.  In fact, this one
> wasn't so much about cats but about a dog.

Haha, good point. `-`; This one was probably the weakest of the four, but
still, good work.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, oh deer.