G!: Biomechanoid Angel GENESIS #0:

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu May 17 20:19:54 PDT 2012

On 5/17/2012 7:47 PM, Edward Protera wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2012 00:16:39 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>>   >  	The tumbling lunar fragments.  A small subroutine had been idly plotting
>>   >  their trajectories, as one might drum one's fingers in tension.  But
>> there
>>   >  was one-- no, three-- no, a dozen pieces whose motion was outside the
>>   >  margin of error.
>>
>> Perhaps "planetary" might be a better word than "lunar" to describe the
>> fragments.  I had to reread the story twice to find out what moon was
>> around when the planet was blown up.  (I don't think moons get to be
>> planets too.)
>
> Actually, there is a moon. It's mentioned on the cover and in the first
> paragraph... and the planet didn't get blown up so much as it did scorched
> and blackened.

Yeah, I found the moon back there in the first paragraph.  Now I'll have
to re-read again to figure out the difference between that and the
planet, and why the moon has fragments.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.