SW10/PRECOG: Powernaut 1944 (Re: LNH20: Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #7: "First Republic")

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed May 2 18:55:55 PDT 2012

On 5/2/2012 3:44 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:

>> Oooh.  As it happens, Powernaut 1944 is coming on the scopes - and
>> it has room for guest stars!  Just one question for Doc Nostalgia
>> 1944: How good is he at surviving a hail of bullets from the
>> Waffen-SS?
 >
> Well, if he's like Golden Age Superman than he can't be penetrated by
> anything short of a bursting shell, so.

Ah, I see what the LNH Wiki says about him.  But *that* leads to the
obvious next question.  How come he didn't win the war in 1943?

In fairness, I can volunteer a couple of answers...

1.  It usually requires control of territory to win a war.  As shown in
Powernaut 1941, it usually requires more than one man to control territory.

2.  Maybe Our Hero is the reason the war didn't last until 1946.

Along those lines, I admit I'm feeling an increasing need for the world
to read a Powernaut 1944 series.  It won't be *next*, but I've actually
started work on it already.  And this series is made for guest stars.
One of them could be Doc Nostalgia.  And why stop there?

As we've seen, the Powernaut's history is a very loose thing.  There's
no reason he can't team up with anyone from any universe, no background
questions asked.

So:  Your Hero could be drawn into Powernaut 1944.  Probably even get
his (or her) very own episode, full of him fighting the Axis!  And you
get creator credit, of course, plus your series imprint when the episode
gets published.  (For instance, Doc Nostalgia gets "LNH", or is it
"LNH20"?)  Just point me at answers to these questions:

1.  How's he dress for battle?

2.  What are his powers?

3.  How does he react to a hail of gunfire from the Waffen-SS?

4.  How does he not win the war by 1943?

The Powernaut and several guest stars will spend this series
demonstrating their own answers to those questions.  And I promise it'll
be as funny as war ever gets.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.