LNH20: The Cat Lady #3

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:03:01 PDT 2012

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:30:59 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

>   "It's okay," the Cat Lady said.  "I need at least one cat here for
> appearance sake.  How else can I explain all this?" she said waving
> her hands around the apartment.

She has a good point!

>   Rover ran out into the middle of the alley and blocked their way and
> he continued to bark and growl.  That was when he noticed that he was
> facing not just a few cats but several dozen cats!  He was faced with
> a bit of a dilemma: no dog could run away from a cat but what about
> fifty cats?  What exactly was a dog supposed to do in this situation?

Canine Bushido demands self-sacrifice! (Luckily, such a system is outmoded
in modern times. Also, dogs can't use a sword.)

>   The Cat Lady sighed.  "Yes, well, I do spoil my Antonio, I admit
> that.  But I don't see why people should be bothered by the presence
> of one cat."
>   The two men nodded.  "Quite right!  You are fully entitled to your
> companionship!"

These are not the felines you're looking for.  Move along.

>   Antonio, likewise, was not upset to see the other cats return.
> While it was good to have all the food to himself, there was more than
> enough food for everybody.  Besides, he had been starting to feel a
> bit lonely being the Cat Lady's only cat.

Honestly, I wanted you to go more into his experience.  Still, more good
stuff.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, nya~