LNH: 20th Anniversary Special, Part #1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:29:06 PDT 2012

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:45:27 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> On Apr 29, 3:04 am, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
<snip>
>> The only problem was, I didn't know how best to get myself involved. The
>> generally easy-going rules about respecting the turf of others seemed
>> daunting to me at the time. So, well, I kind of cheated. I came up with
>> Brain Boy with very little concept of how he slotted into the Looniverse
>> itself, and worked in references to existing net.heroes and places
>> later, as I gained a bit more confidence.
>
> I think by the time you joined that was more or less normal. There was
> less of an emphasis on shared continuity and the series were more off
> in their own little world.

Having just gone over that part of the Google Groups archives, yeah,
mostly.

> That didn't really reverse until the middle
> of last decade when Tom, Jamie and Arthur started doing more with the
> "Public Domain" LNHers again.

Eh, I'd say it reversed when Saviors of the Net and Birth of a Villain and
all started up.

> I liked the idea of Monark as an empty suit
> who had no fixed past a lot.

Yeah, I always thought that was cool.

>> I met a lot of really great writers during my brief stint as an LNH
>> writer. And maybe I'll actually fulfill my promise to come back one day.
>> Especially now that I've told everyone reading this about my promise,
>> and I wouldn't just be lying to myself anymore.
>
> I sure hope so! The more the merrier. And if you want to do something
> completely different you can take a look at LNH20.

Indeedly!  Wiki wiki wikilink: http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/LNH20

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, still going thru the fires of creation!