HCC: HCC #29 "Recast In The Name Of Good" (was Re: HCC: HCC #28 Winner)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Mar 31 17:18:35 PDT 2012

On 3/31/2012 4:52 PM, Dave Van Domelen wrote:

>>      Your assignment, should you accept it, is to write a story that would
>> somehow deal with a recasting of a major protagonist (not supporting cast or
>> antagonist).  It's also acceptable to have this be an in-setting recasting
>> for a show based on a "real" hero, with the real hero reacting to his or her
>> on-screen portrayal changing....
>>
>>      The due date is the end of the day Sunday, April 29.  I'll leave some
>> wiggle room in that for time zones, of course.
>>
>>      Dave Van Domelen, figures a full month should be enough this time.

Uhh... This challenge falls squarely in the Powernaut series I'm
plotting for *after* 1955.   So I can actually respond, *and*
demonstrate the full power of a comic strip series which can go anywhere
in time.  But my readership might have to wait a bit for the dramatic
conclusion of Powernaut 1955.   Hee hee.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.