RACCies: Voting Complete

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Mar 17 18:23:45 PDT 2012

On 3/17/2012 4:20 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> Okay, voting is done!  And I'll probably take as long on the ceremony as I
> usually do, sigh.
>
> In the meantime!  On the subject of dropping awards: From the feedback I've
> gotten so far, there seems to be more support for dropping the Image
> Testimonial Timepiece (Batteries Not Included), so I was thinking of
> getting rid of that but keeping Most Improved.  What do you think?  And are
> there any other awards you think don't deserve a place in the rolls?

Yeah, feel free to drop the Consistently Late award.  Lateness is what
we say it is.

I do like "Most Improved", but in general I like awards which judge
stories, not writers, and especially not Favorite Person.  I do have
favorites, but I do not feel it helpful to declare them.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, listening to '90s music and giggling.

heh.  I switch between oldies and college radio with alarming frequency.
  And college radio itself switches between oldies and modern music with
alarming frequency.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.