LNH20: Ultimate Mercenary v20 #2

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Mar 7 18:03:39 PST 2012

On 3/7/2012 3:51 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> On Mar 7, 3:53 pm, Lalo Martins<lalo.mart... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Sorry I don't have time to post a more detailed feedback, I'm having an
>> insane couple of weeks. Well, month. Well, year.
>>
>> But in short: Like. Much.
>>
>> -- Lalo “now back to work!” Martins
>
> Sorry to hear that, Lalo. I've defintely been there--last semester, in
> fact. That was part of why I wound up coming back to RACC. I was
> desperate to think and write about something, anything, other than my
> horrible thesis. Luckily the brainstorming that was going on meant I
> could get heavily involved in it without being overwhelmed by writing
> short posts; I probably couldn't have written a sustained story at the
> time. I hope you can go back to Menace at some point in the future; it
> had a very promising start.
>
> I'm glad people liked this issue. The next one will be out pretty
> soon, and LNH20CP #15 after that.

Along those same lines:  I don't have a lot of comments to make, but I
liked it too.  I don't know a lot about Ultimate Mercenary, but this
story gives me the sense of a man trapped in a world he never made *and*
having a really bad day.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.