LNH: Retrocotheric Energy

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 00:52:37 PST 2012

On Mar 7, 4:10 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:09:56 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
> > I think we need to talk about this so we don't go off in too many
> > different directions.
>
> See, I disagree.  I don't think we should lock ourselves down too much on
> how it works, because there's so many viable storytelling options! (And
> it's not like it can't work differently at different times.  It's pure
> metafictional energy!  It has many facets.)

But...

On Nov 19 2011, 8:21 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:08:12 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
> >                                      KID KIRBY#1
>
> >   "I used the Power Kirby to heal your injuries and bring you back."
> >   "The power what?"
> >   "The PowerKirby.  I come from a universe where everything is
> > powered by the Power Kirby.  The Power Kirby runs through my body as
> > it now does yours."
>
> You know, you never really explain what the Power Kirby *is*.

So I'm confused. :)

Actually, I've given it some thought.  People in the mainstream
Looniverse KNOW it is metafictional energy.  People in LNHY would just
consider it to be some supernatural energy.  In a universe like our
own where people don't think they are part of a story and don't
necessarily believe in the supernatural there would be a desire to pin
down a theory as to what is going on just as scientists in the real
world would like to be able to determine for sure that Dark Matter is
neutrilinos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutralino [I'm sorry but
the name neutrilino still cracks me up.  If 90% of the matter of the
universe is composed of neutrilinos science teachers are going to have
a hard time keeping a straight face talking about them.]) and what, if
anything, that has to do with Dark Energy.  I think that in the LNH20
Looniverse there would be some active research into retrocotheric
energy / Kurtzberg radiation / Dark radiation whatever and any
suggestion that it was "metafictional energy" would be considered
kooky. :)

Martin