LNH20: Ultimate Mercenary v20 #1

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 03:45:09 PST 2012

On Feb 28, 3:58 pm, "Adrian J. McClure" <mrfantast... at gmail.com>
wrote:

> you're giving off lots of Kurtzberg radiation. That's probably messing
> with the sensors. I don't know if they know about it in your timeline.
> It's some kind of dark matter or dark energy, and it's been steadily
> increasing here ever since the Killfile fell..."
>
> "You mean the Power Kirby? That's what we call it,"

Well, okay.  I mean, whatever you call it it is a type of radiation.
But if it's "dark matter" then it only interacts with matter
gravitationally and if it is "dark energy" then it is responsible for
the expansion of the universe.  Neither of that makes sense so we just
have to assume that Kid Enthusiastic isn't upon his science.  It's no
big deal because, as I said, scientists in this Looniverse wouldn't
have an explanation for Kurtzberg radiation / the Power Kirby /
retrocotheric radiation or whatever they called it other than some
vague hand-waving notion that it would be responsible for all the
magical and non-magical powers demonstrated since the fall of the
Killfile -or before the rise of the Killfile for that matter.

Martin

P.S. How do we define magical powers anyway?  If someone is super
strong because they were exposed to a magical form of radiation is
that magic or science?