LNH20: Bite-Size Tals of the LNH v20 #5: "I Never Metafiction I Didn't Like"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:32:50 PST 2012

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 04:06:28 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> Of course! I deduce that this 'Reverse Cerebrus'
> is actually my own teammate, Cranium, or Cranium V as he is
> intermittently called, under the influence of a Reverse Curse!

*cackles* Naturally.

> "Oh no," said Fearless Leader, watching from the conference room. The
> leaders had put quite a lot of effort into keeping the teams two
> supergenius detectives as far apart as they could. Not the least
> because, with two individuals of such powerful intellect and ego in
> close contact with each other, there would be considerable pressure
> for them to become adversaries, leading to at least one of them
> becoming a villain.

Ohshi--

> "Actually," said Explain-The-Joke Lass, "the inhabitants of Earth-20
> have limited awareness of the Classic LNH, to the extent that some of
> its most popular and well-regarded series are a part of its popular
> culture, in distorted form. For instance, _Aeneas and Ferris_ is a
> wildly popular TV series, while _Misfits_ is a series of young adult
> novels of which Nerf Girl is a fan."

Oooh, nice!  I was wondering about that sort of "Earth-2 is comics on
Earth-1" idea. (Now I'm wondering if the Earth-20 version of Digital JUMP!
is actually a licensed product based on Kid Enthusiastic...)

> "I'm not entirely sure," said Explain-the-Joke Lass. "I have limited
> omniscience giving me the knowledge necessary to allow me to explain
> any joke, but do not retain it,

Oh, much like--

> much like Footnote Girl, if she exists
> in this continuity.

Hah! XD

> As for what I am doing here, I came to deliver a
> message. The aliens who were attacking are members of the Puppy
> Empire. My own investigations have uncovered the fact that this
> orphanage was a front for one of their oldest enemies, the Death
> Kittens, descended from a Herald of Longcaticus."

Gasp!! Of course! o.o (Incidentally, is this the first time the Puppy
Empire has been mentioned in-continuity?)

> "Death... Kittens? I don't like the sound of that," said C'Mon, just
> before a floating kitten with glowing red eyes ripped his other arm
> off. "C'mon!" he said, hoping the LNH could give him some decent
> prosthetics.

This issue was wacky in a way you haven't done before.  Nice!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, so close to done... but so sleepy...