REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #97 - January 2012 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:20:27 PST 2012

Oh, I definitely do that. @-@

> Look at
> Stephen Moffatt, for instance--all his stories revolve around time
> paradoxes in some ways, and you'd think they'd get dreadfully
> repetitive, but they don't. Your own style has considerably matured
> since the old days, for one thing. Your exposition feels more natural
> now than it did in the old LAL issues I've been rereading, though
> you've always had good ideas.

Indeed and indeed!

> LNH: the only place where
> revamps actually ADD baggage...

Let's add an "intentionally" to that; I've seen ones that add it due to
sheer overthinking of the idea.

> Generally this works very well,
> with its skewed take on both superheroics and various kinds of
> mythology, but I was a little uneasy about the introduction of
> analogues of the New Gods at the end. It made it feel like a bit too
> much of a parody rather than its own thing, maybe, because of how
> close the analogues were?

Yeah, it seemed to scream "HEY THESE GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DARKSEID AND
CREW".  Like Adrian said, I'm sure Robin will flesh them out so they're not
carbon copies, but...

> AJM (getting a plaque for mounting the Apathy Beast's head on my wall)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, them's good eatin'.