REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #97 - January 2012 [spoilers]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Mar 1 19:43:22 PST 2012

On 3/1/2012 7:03 PM, James Mason wrote:
> On Mar 1, 9:00 pm, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
>> On 2/29/2012 7:32 PM, James Mason wrote:
>>

>> ... Anyone here remember Goofus and Gallant comics?  Goofus says:
>>
>>> SAXON! YOU COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT AND REVIEW MY STUFF RIGHT NOW
>>> YOUNG MAN! OR SO HELP ME IT'S THE BELT FOR YOU!
>>
>> ... but *Gallant* says:  "Thank you for reviewing my stuff *last* month,
>> Mister Brenton.  And have I told you how much I liked that Lemurs With
>> The Magic Spoon episode you wrote for LNH20 Comics Presents?  That was a
>> good way to kick off a mini-cascade story."  8{D>
>>
>> Still, all the girls like Goofus best 'cause Gallant's such a suck-up.  8{C>
>
> Wait you've been watching me? Uhhh... BECAUSE I GO OUT WITH A LOT OF
> GIRLS, OOOOOOH YEAH LOOK AT ME WITH ALL THE GIRLS! WOOOOooooo... It's
> not working is it?
>
> James "The Cat King" Mason, I've got no queen. But I do listen to
> queen.

My, we *do* make a good Goofus and Gallant pair, don't we?  That might
have to be the theme of Clueless Lad vs. the Great Catastrophe.

Oh, and Gallant says, sorry for that cliffhanger I stuck you with.  I
got ideas, though...

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.