LNH/Meta: Queer LNHers

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Thu Jun 21 16:53:44 PDT 2012

In article <7c133316-2edc-4cb4-b751-5549b444cfdd at j9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
Adrian J. McClure <mrfantastic7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>And one I'm not certain whether or not to include on this list:
>Fearless Leader (Classic) (His lack of sexual interest in Ripping
>Dancer and his lack of other relationships, apart from a brief
>flashback, is conspicuous. He could be gay, asexual, or just kind of
>repressed or not interested in sex and romance.)

     Straight.  But very very reluctant to let anyone get too close due to
the whole "my entire reality is dead, including the woman I loved" thing.
Also, he probably takes the whole "no fraternization" thing seriously.  Well,
SOMEONE in the military has to, statistically speaking, right?

     Kopikat (Classic) is probably in the "complicated" category too, due to
having been forced repeatedly to adapt to body disassociation, plus coming
from a culture where if you weren't one of the brilliant elite you were a
breeder.  So she's bound to have some prejudices regarding the idea that only
losers have lots of kids, which is going to do things to her overall
outlook.  No clue how the LNH20 version is set up, though.

     Per Annum and the Infra-Humanite may or may not be a couple.  They'd
definitely deny it if asked, though, being products of their time.  Of
course, since all the Goons were guys, one could make an argument that any
female members of the Society of Wireless Heroes were really guys in (not
terribly convincing) drag....

     Dave Van Domelen, didn't do much with gender identity in LNH outside of
Constellation's arc with Dot.