LNH20: Replacement characters

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:15:16 PDT 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:26:41 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

I'm not sure about the mythological hero, but...

> 2. Cranium. What interested me the most about him, in the stories I
> didn't get to write, was the rivalry with Pantra. We have a version of
> the Tom and Jerry setup, the opposition between intellect and
> instinct, a "cat and mouse" game where the mouse is the intellectual
> one.
>
> Any character taking his place would have to be something a cat can
> eat. And the really interesting part--making him partially a Sherlock
> Holmes analogue--came from Saxon. So I would use one of Saxon's
> creations--the Giant Radioactive Hamsters from the Planet Beyond
> Net.Mars.

...I think, whatever the Cranium-replacement is, they should be *small*. I
loved imagining the scenes with the Council of Elders sitting around a
table with The Brain standing on it.

...hm. Which makes me think that perhaps... Perhaps one of the Kiwis got
hit by an evolutionary ray in the same incident where Howie K got zapped,
and became superintelligent?

> Also, this character could be female instead, both because of the
> rivalry with Pantra and because of the upcoming Lucy Liu Sherlock
> Holmes series.

Yes, definitely.

> AJM (also, we have a pattern of alien empires that are innocuous Earth
> things, I guess)

<3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, the Hamster/Puppy War!