LNH20: Replacement characters

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jun 21 08:46:23 PDT 2012

On 06/21/2012 08:20 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:00:36 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:
>
>>       I considered but abandoned Sun Wukong, in part because I've used him
>> rather too much already.  :)
>>
>>       Dave Van Domelen, or at least as part of background.
>
> Not to mention that, if the LNH used him, we'd almost certainly have to
> start making Dragonball jokes.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and that would just be silly.

And if we brought in the Monkey King, he'd want to run the whole show,
and no force short of the Buddha could stop him.

I could send Hedasys the Dragon over to fill the Ancient Mystic Warrior
slot...  I have a dragon-warrior character who fought across Persia with
Alexander the Great.  He'd probably be happy to take on a new quest.

As for the Annoying Mouse slot, I have a new concept:  Mentus the Mouse.
  Lab experiments gave him the power to read the mind of any scientist
(or other logical thinking creature), and to telekinetically move large
objects... such as salt shakers.  Or spoons.  Or even Spoons.  His
natural enemy is a certain crazy carnivorous duck, so he could easily be
chased into this plot.