LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #51

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:34:00 PDT 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:38:17 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

> First of all, why is it offensive?  Is it offensive because there is a
> character who is gay or because he is "stereotypically gay"?  There
> are people like that.  I meet people like that every day.

...you meet people who call themselves "The Flaming Torch" every day?

(Oh, another offensive aspect that wasn't touched upon: Equating feminine
clothing with homosexuality.)

> Please explain to me where the cheap shot was.  If you are going to
> make accusations then you need to back them up.  Kid Enthusiastic
> never backed down: he only conceded one point which I considered to be
> a tautology.  (The Flaming Torch is no more offensive than Master
> Blaster, who I admit is sometimes a bit offensive.  The Flaming Torch
> is actually a lot less offensive if you really think about it.)

The point is, others *don't* consider it a tautology. You put words in the
mouth of the character who's most associated with me specifically to rebut
something I said.

> Nonsense.  People write stories and other people write stories.  No
> one story discounts another.

...except that we're working in a shared universe, where "continuity" is a
thing. Now, we can play around with that for comic effect or just for the
sake of changing things, but we do need to acknowledge it.

> There was no "refusal" involved.  The fact is that Drizzt came up with
> this idea of parodying the legacy virus and I made Squidman one of the
> victims and then Dave wrote a story in which he came back.  That's
> all.

So what you're saying is, you didn't even ask for permission.

> I asked for permission to use Omega characters.  They said no.  So
> then I got the idea of using similar LNH characters in their place.  I
> should have made it clear that was what I was doing.

...didn't you use the characters without permission and only switch to
LNH-ified versions after people objected?

> Anyway, these things go back YEARS and yet you are accusing me of
> holding grudges?

Well, this is a pattern of behavior. You keep doing this stuff, is the
point.

> Again, what are you talking about?  How did I sabotage the LNH20
> project?

You got into an enormous argument with Arthur when he didn't want to do
things your way, driving him away and almost scuttling the project overall.

> What you don't seem to notice is that I ALWAYS respond in a reasonable
> manner.  This IS me responding in a reasonable manner.  I am
> responding to completely baseless accusations and I am responding
> reasonably.

...I'm sorry, but I don't find anything that you've written here
reasonable. You're ignoring other people's viewpoints, and insisting that
your actions and your interpretations of events are the only correct ones.

> So can you.  Your basic argument is that there is something wrong with
> me for being "reasonable" as you yourself say and presumably it is
> alright for you to be completely unreasonable.

The argument is: You're acting like a jerk, for all the reasons above. You
need to stop.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sincerely angry.