LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #51

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 16:07:23 PDT 2012

On Jun 12, 12:55 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:53:53 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> >      You're too quick to crap in the commons for the sake of what may be a
> > pretty weak joke,
>
> That, in essence, is my problem. A lot of the time, Martin takes something
> that has a lot of potential and just burns up that potential in the
> simplest point-A-to-point-B way possible. It ends up as either an
> overly-literal joke, or an anticlimactic resolution to a plot point or
> storyline.

That's a fair analysis.  On the other hand there is the tendency for
stories, especially cascades to run on endlessly.  People had a lot of
fun writing Retcon Hour but I wonder who reads that any more because
it ended up becoming bloated.  Sometimes you have to wrap things up
and move on to the next story.  LNH V2 #50 has already grown to the
point where, when it finally gets posted, it will have to be posted in
multiple parts.  Rather than telling people not to read it, I am
actually worried that people won't read it.  That should be a very
real concern for anybody who has contributed to it.

> >      Dave Van Domelen, back to deleting unread anything Martin writes.
>
> On a slightly different topic: Do you use a client that *has* a killfile?

You know when the LNH started, the killfile was considered the enemy.

Then later on rec.arts.comics.misc EVERYONE who wrote LNH stories was
considered a troll by the majority of users because we were writing
stories on a discussion group.  That is why RACC was created in the
first place so that people could post stories and not have to worry
about dealing with childish insults.

Martin