LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #51

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sun Jun 10 22:53:53 PDT 2012

In article <01e82927-f47c-42a1-8d8c-637f5185e9e5 at u1g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
Martin Phipps  <martinphipps2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 6¤ë11¤é, ¤W¤È4®É17¤À, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:45:40 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
>> > Last issue, Dorfs invaded Looniearth and the LNH fought them off.
>>
>> > There.  Now you don't have to read it.
>>
>> ...what
>>
>> ....seriously, what
>>
>> Why. Why did you explicitly dismiss the big anniversary issue a bunch of us
>> including you are putting a buttload of work into?
>
>It's a joke.
>
>*Sigh*

     The problem is, whenever you try this sort of joke, it pisses off almost
everyone, and those who aren't pissed off are just "meh" towards it.  You
have a long history of earnestly and seriously messing up other people's work
in the LNH, and claiming that *this time* it was a joke is pretty much the
embodiment of Trollface (U MAD?).

     You're too quick to crap in the commons for the sake of what may be a
pretty weak joke, expecting that no one else really cares too much about what
they're writing and are eager to find ways to deal with the chaos you spawn.
As a result, a lot of people don't want to write in any universe where you
might be involved...my interest in LNH20 largely died as soon as you started
writing in it, for instance.  I'm not wasting time on anything that might
have to deal with your oblivious trollery.

     Maybe you don't mean to be a troll.  Maybe you've gone twenty years
honestly thinking that people appreciate the things you do and don't consider
them damage that needs to be routed around.  But you're a poison pill for any
setting that lets you write in it, Martin.  The people who like your ideas
aren't enough to compensate for the people who are regularly infuriated by
your "stupid dog crapping on the bed and then asking for petting" antics.

     Plonk.

     Dave Van Domelen, back to deleting unread anything Martin writes.