META: Recontextualizing Characters, Or, Being An Enormous Nerd

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jun 9 10:19:18 PDT 2012

On 6/9/2012 7:47 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> Here's a fun game; figure
> out how your characters work and where they fit in a different kind of
> fictional universe.

As you may have noticed, I do that kind of thing with the Powernaut all
the time.  You've already seen him in Grim Gritty 2005, and there's more
of that coming.  After that, I might just have to do Powernaut 1912...
I'll never get done with this series, will I?

But enough about the Powernaut...  Last night when I was up way too
late, I decided to mix it up.  My publication schedule in the coming
weeks is likely to be:

1.  Today:  S.O.S. 1944.  (Ready to go, as soon as I stop goofing off on
Usenet.)

2.  Galatea 1944!  Moving up in the schedule, because there's a
two-parter coming...

3.  Doc Nostalgia 1944.  How did he *really* fit in to World War 2, with
a name like Doc Nostalgia?

4.  Oops, I'll be meeting some weird friends of mine in San Francisco

5.  Doc Nostalgia 2009!  What he *tells* people World War 2 was like,
might be a bit different from what he went through at the time.  Then...

6.  I've dredged up another 2009 war veteran that everyone's probably
forgotten by now.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I have been up all night, ha ha whee

I know the feeling, except it's more like ha ha zzzz.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.