LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents Special #1: "The Revenge of the Ghost of Frankenstein"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:50:00 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 22:15:56 +0000 (UTC), Lalo Martins wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I'm sure you didn't intend it that way, but I'll accept this as a
> birthday present :-P

Awwww! I didn't realize, but honestly, I was hoping you'd like it, since it
focuses so much on you-created characters.

> it's a beautiful story, using two of my characters
> and developing one in a nice way, on a topic that I care about very much,
> and with a core plot idea that I'd agree with.

Wooooooooo!

> If anything, I'd add:
>
> quoth Andrew Perron as of Mon, 28 May 2012 06:32:37 +0000:
>> "Simple. Give an intelligence a rule it can't ignore, disobey, or
>> modify? That's the definition of an insane compulsion. Especially when
>> the rule is drawn in vague yet absolute terms, like 'You may not injure
>> a human being or, through inaction, allow a human to come to harm.' You
>> saw what happened when it tried to enforce that, without any provision
>> made for relative risk or greater purpose."
>
> Especially if that intelligence is really, really, well, intelligent; it
> can process a number of possibilities and a breadth of information per
> milissecond you could hardly even dream of. It's a wonder the robots
> didn't just crash, and that was probably the inevitable outcome if enough
> time had been given them.

Indeed. Withdrawing completely was only a matter of time.

>> One other thing: I kept accidentally using female pronouns for Tori;
>> eventually, I shrugged and just went with it. Should I do an edited
>> version with "it" or "they"?
>
> I don't know, felt organic enough to me.

*nods* Of course, I'm not sure if "organic" is what we want here. `-`

>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who hopes that Portuguese is
>> appropriate.
>
> Mostly. Only "Carinho" isn't really used that way :-)

Curses! I was afraid of that.

> most appropriate
> there instead I guess would be "querida", except I believe people of
> Apoena's age mostly use that ironically, and I've been away too long to
> know what kids use these days. Trying it in my head, what sounds most
> natural would be using the other person's first name.

Makes sense. Hmmm...

> -- Lalo "... or by inaction, allow it to be written..." Martins

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, The Three Guidelines.