LNH20: Generation 2.0 #6

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 20:41:48 PST 2012

On Jan 30, 10:30 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:09:33 +0000 (UTC), Phantasm wrote:
> > In Flashback's first appearance, there's something mentioned about an
> > injunction or restraining order or something of that nature.  Like the
> > killer space tomatoes, it's a noodle incident right now, but I'm
> > thinking that Flashback lost control of her powers for a short time,
> > forcing everyone around her to relive painful memories at the same
> > time.
>
> I believe in Lalo's original post about Flashback, he mentions there being
> a 5th Amendment-based case about whether use of her powers in law
> enforcement was constitutional.

Well it wouldn't be constitutional if it were used to interrogate a
witness.  However, I'm sure it could be used in court as long as the
witness had immunity against prosecution.  But then they would need an
expert to testify saying that the holographic displays were really
what happened and not something coming from Flashback herself.

Martin