LNH20: Generation 2.0 #6

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jan 29 15:20:56 PST 2012

On 1/29/2012 1:33 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:

>    “But we’re not under any obligation to share our memories, are we?”
> George asked.
>    “Not at all,” Louis said.  “It’s purely voluntary.”
>    “In that case,” George said, “I think we’re done here.”  His
> companions agreed.
>    “That’s fine,” Louis said.  “You’ve all been very helpful.  Thank
> you very much.”
>
>                                          THE END

Hmm.  This is kind of an interesting surprise ending.  But it kind of
fell flat.  People say, every story needs conflict.

How well does Louis expect Fearless Leader to control his Legion, so as
to make them take the interview?  I'll admit, if he's a veteran newsman
who's studied the Legion, the answer might well be "Not at all".

How well does Flashback control her power?  I'll admit, it must work
best with a willing subject.  But still, she doesn't just take what
people volunteer, she goes mining.

So from a story point of view, perhaps we need Lycanthropy Lass (or
whatever) to reveal her memories, then say, "I never thought you'd show
the world *that*!"

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.