LNH20: LNH20 Comics Presents #9

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 00:17:27 PST 2012

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 21:17:30 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> BRING ME A HUNDRED MEAT LOVERS PIZZAS, it said.

Dun dunnnnnnnn!

> There was no change in the Recovery Man's
> face, but he flickered for a moment, too quickly for a human to notice
> but not, perhaps, the Dragon. He remembered that the humans had once
> attempted to create another of his kind under their control with their
> so-called Project Agamemnon, but he had put a stop to that long ago.

Ooooooooh!  Plothooks!  With wiggling worms on them, yet.

> THE TIME FOR THE GATE OF AVA.LAN TO BE OPENED ANEW. THE TIME FOR ME TO
> AWAKE. THE TIME FOR THE AGE OF MAN'S DOMINION OVER THE EARTH TO END.

!!!

This is a Trailer Line.

> THE SKULL OF GOOGLEMESH.
>
> "I see. And where do I find it?"
>
> IN HIS HEAD.

Love it. <3

> GOOGLEMESH HAS RETURNED FROM THE BASEMENTS AND REJOINED
> THE LEGION. HE HAS SLAUGHTERED MANY OF MY KIND. I AM THE LAST IN THIS
> WORLD EXCEPT FOR ONE, AND SHE KNOWS NOTHING OF OUR HERITAGE.

Is this a reference to what I think it is? *reads thread* It is! *glee*

> I WILL LEND YOU THE SPOON ITSELF FOR THIS PURPOSE.

Dun dun dunnnnnnn!  An excellent way to get it into the plot.

> The Recovery Man lost control for a moment and screamed, which sounded
> like a radio tuned to a dead channel. He walked through the solid
> waves of energy and touched the object. But as he did, the pain
> vanished and he felt the Spoon's energy join with his own. His skin
> was slightly singed, but he didn't refresh it because it made him look
> appropriately imposing.

Badass.

> The Dragon stretched its legs and yawned like a cat. GREETINGS,
> FOOLISH MORTAL, he said. YOU MAY LEAVE YOUR CAR NOW. I MEAN YOU NO
> HARM.

*gasp* A double-play!

> But
> the pizza was all gone, the car was covered in scorch marks, and he
> was holding the pouch in his hand. Somewhat nervously, he opened it
> and saw inside a white plastic spoon.

...ooooooooooooooh. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Adrian, you are SO great at writing epic adventure.  Seriously.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, SERIOUSLY.