STARFALL: Spellbinder #5

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jan 28 20:45:32 PST 2012

I've been meaning to comment on this one...

On 1/23/2012 6:44 PM, William Strickland wrote:

> "Math-Priest Kyne," said a voice, low and terrible, snapping the robed
> man out of his reverie. "I hope you come bearing news that is
> pleasing."
>
> "I do, my Lord," said Kyne, not rising from his bow. "She is
> awakening." He held up the datapad that the underling had brought to
> him, and it flew across the room, presumably into the Dark Lord's
> hand. After a pause, there came a molten smile.
>
> "Excellent," said the Dark Lord. "Soon, all the realms will know
> suffering."

... So, basically Chelsea is Darkseid's daughter.  That explains how
she's such a heavy combat mage.  (Kudos to you for recognizing that most
magicians are not suited for combat.)

Good story as always.  Very superhero-campaigny.  Did you have help
developing it?

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.