LNH20: Tales of the LNH v20 #1: Fall and Rise Part 1: "As The World Wakes Up From History"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jan 28 17:34:24 PST 2012

On 1/28/2012 3:12 PM, Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2:37 am, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
>> On 1/28/2012 1:04 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:
>
>>> You know, technically, it could be the state boundary that moves while
>>> Netropolis itself remains where it is.  Less catastrophic. ;)
>>
>> ... although that kind of limits Net.ropolis to Ohio, Pennsylvania, and
>> West Virginia.  Or whatever.  And watch out if the rivers that follow
>> the state lines move too!  8{o>
>
> More like Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Indiana.

I'll admit the boundary of Ohio, Indiana and Michigan is a whole lot of
nothing.  I've actually taken photos there.
(http://www.eilertech.com/domination/blog/blog11.htm#29oct2007)  But if
Indiana and Pennsylvania are disputing over boundaries, Ohio had best
watch out!

> On Jan 29, 3:27 am, Lalo Martins<lalo.mart... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> quoth Martin Phipps as of Sat, 28 Jan 2012 09:04:18 +0000:
>
>> 5: As for where it moves to (and what happens to the places it leaves
>> behind), my impression is that it more or less realigns reality, like
>> Scott said; just like most people feel like the LNHQ has always been in
>> whatever part of town it happens to be, I think after it moves, nobody
>> can point with certainty to where exactly it was before, although
>> everybody remembers it was “thirty minutes from San Francisco” or
>> something like that...
>
> Oooh... I get it.  So instead of moving the entire city perhaps
> whatever city LNH HQ moves to BECOMES Netropolis.  So Netropolis can
> be New York one month and then Chicago the next month and then
> Cincinnati, etc. and people will believe that this city has always
> been Netropolis.  You could even have LNH HQ show up in Montreal and
> Montreal would be Netropolis and the Legion would be speaking French
> and this would be canon because this is the sport of thing that
> happens. :)

That theory would explain things about Gotham City and Metropolis too.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.