SW10: Adventures of Lady Sherlock #1: The Report

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jan 22 16:37:27 PST 2012

On 1/22/2012 2:50 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 03:26:10 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> The Adventures of Lady Sherlock:  The Report!
>> Postlude to the Summer of Discontent
>
> Wouldn't that be more of an epilogue?

Okay, I can accept that.

>> "Nope, sorry.  He ducked under the bushes.  And you wanted us to not
>> flaunt."
>
> Not *to* flaunt! *flaunts grammar skills*

The jury is out on split infinitives.  I've heard that was a Victorian
rule, so as to simulate the Romans who *could not* split their
infinitives because they're all one word.  Lady Sherlock's companion is
obviously not Victorian.  At least not yet.

>> "Can we at least keep the meat from the sandwich he left behind?"
>>
>> "Yep.  Cut the parts he ate.  Bread too.  Scraps go in the compost.
>> Bread in the pancake batter."
>
> That seems a bit extreme, economy-wise.  Or is this another effect of the
> long winter?

Yeah.  Definitely long winter.

>> "It's never *easy*.  Every *first* superhuman has a nemesis.  Ellipsis
>> and Mighty Tim were first *together* for you.  For both of them, there's
>> Anvernacht.  Since then, Ellipsis has made pretty much *everyone* hate
>> him at one time or another."
>
> Honestly, Ellipsis may be my favorite SW character, beyond the VP.

Hey, Ellipsis is still one of my favorites too.  Vice-President Crusher
Joe still ranks ahead of him, which is odd because I adopted Crusher
Joe.  And Wyatt's not quite my favorite any more.

>> "Got it.  So I'll put it this way...  Mission accomplished.  Come on
>> back, Agent Morgan."
>
> Gasp!  ...I guess?

At this point I'm just gonna say, oh why not.

>> I've actually been threatening to stop writing these stories for years -
>> at least since 2006.
>> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2006/me2006.htm#background )  But I
>> kept getting more ideas for it...  Not any more.  I have just one plot
>> thread waiting, and it just leads me deeper into the corner I've written
>> myself into...  Back in 2002, I declared the end of the Superhuman World
>> to be 2022.  (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/neverwas.htm#theend )
>> Since then, I've kept confirming it.  So that's a dead end.
>
> Hmmmmm... interesting.  Good luck!
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, APOCALYPSE

I've got some relief coming to save this story line, but he's kind of
stuck in 1954 right now.  :-D  Who knows what trouble the world will get
into before he arrives...

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.