HCC/SW10: "Worse Than Useless?" 24 Minute Challenge

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jan 22 16:17:52 PST 2012

On 1/22/2012 2:59 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 04:04:53 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> Oh, shit.  Ellipsis always wanted to change the world.  With recent
>> climate disasters, he'd finally gotten his chance.  But I figured the
>> world wouldn't change all that easily.
>
> Oho. A nice bit of worldbuilding, with a good reason for it.  Though I have
> to wonder how the heck the psionic failsafe works?

Pretty simple, at least by comic book logic.  The energy field which
surrounds Ellipsis works according to mental control, right?  So do
these harness-fields.  The harnesses also have global communications,
which also tie in to mental control.  Most wearers *love* that.  So, a
global override is possible.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.